Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
.2. I once stuck my fingers in an elecrtic mixer to see what would happen
3.I have sung on the Grand Ole Opry
4. I am really not a good cook, but I really wish I was
5. I have 3 tatoos and am really considering more
6. I worked at he YMCA while I was in high school, I was a summer camp counselor
7. I was born in England, but don't have dual citizenship because my parents didn't want me to. I really wish I did because that would be cool now!
8. I re-arrange my kitchen (Drawers, etc) about 4 times a year, but always go back to how it was to begin with!
9. When I die I really want chicken McNuggets served at my funeral, with sweet and sour sauce
10. I would rather eat at Chick-fil-A than a nice restaraunt.
11. I vaccuum my house at least every other day!
12. I buy way too many clothes for my kids, guess something form my childhood is playing out in that!
13. I am very shy around new people, I try not to show it though.
14. I am terrified of speaking in public.
15. I hate to unload the dishwasher and put away laundry.
16. I do not miss working at all!!!!
17. I always have some kind of list going- baby names, goals, grocery, whatever. I really enjoy lists.
18. I have no desire to go to Vegas, Egypt, or China.
19. I wish I had better skin- tan and blemish free
20. I try to grow my hair out at least 2 times a year but always cut it
21. I am really bad at math, stems from multiplication tables in the 4th grade.
22. Moustaches kinda freak me out
23. I am fascinated by Amish people and people who are in religiuos cults.
24. I hate to drive with a coat on.
25.I do not like to leave my house messy when I have to go somewhere, I like coming in to a tidy house.
26. I knew after 2 weeks of dating my husband I would marry him.
27. My husband and I used to go out dancing- alot!! We could cut a rug.
28. I am a big BonJovi fan.
29. I've seen Cher in concert, really one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Also saw Barry Manilow, pretty good too.
30. I listen to talk radio, even though I used to make fun of my dad for it!
31. I would like to teach voice lessons.
32. I hate my ears being touched, and I do not like people getting to close to my face.
33. I really like the phrase "hot mess", it's my new slogan- as in "wow, she looks like a hot mess"
34. I love my husband, adore my kids, and think that I have a really great life!!!!!!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
- Everybody with a toddler has had this experience! I am not alone!!!!
- This too shall pass
- She really does love her mom and dad, even if she is screaming at us, throwing books and a stool out of her room, and kicking the door.
- One day she and her little sister will be best friends, even though they pull each other's hair right now.
- She needs to know her boundaries.
- Alot of books on parenting are a waste of money- yeah, I'm pretty sure I didn't need to spend $13 to be told I need to stay calm!
- Is there ever really a way to anticipate that a Popsicle that you don't even have in the freezer will send her into a tailspin?
Most of all, God is with us. I cover that child in prayer daily, several times a day. I thank God for her in my life. I am honored that God chose me to be her mother. I am amazed at her beauty, her smile, her spunk. I love her beyond any measure that I could have dreamed of. God has great plans for both Mackenzie and Maggie and it is not in his will that our lives be in chaos. I urge you to pray for your children daily, Pray for their obedience, their sleep, their attitudes, all the "little" things that you think God is not concerned with. Let me assure you, He is! You will see a difference I promise. I believe there is nothing better you can do as a parent thatn pray for your children- even if they are not here yet. (I prayed over my girls from the day I fould out I was pregnant with each of them- I prayed for easy delivery- and although it was not what I expected, I never had one labor pain with either). He is concerned with all that concerns us. And remember He forgives us when we act up or throw a hissy fit, he hugs us and says "I love you, forgive you, and want you to do better." And when I feel like a failure as a parent because my child does not always act perfect, the truth is I don't always act so great myself. I think I disappoint my Father alot too. But I have a God that loves me for all the good things that I am, and all the things that I need to do better at. And just like my 3 year old, I am learning to "do better.'