Monday, February 8, 2010

I need an umbrella

You have heard the saying, when it rains it pours... well I am in need of a giant umbrella right now. I have felt put through the ringer the last couple of weeks. Not only did we have to deal with this stupid IRS audit, but we had to have work done on our Jeep. Well, yesterday Dewayne got up to go to work and guess what?? His van won't start! I am frustrated beyond belief. If it's not one thing, it's another.

I know that God is in control though. That is the one constant in life- that God loves us and provides for us in a multitude of ways. My mom keeps telling me to hand on because things must be getting ready to break loose for us. I am not sure they can get too much worse- haha!! But beyond all this frustration and worry is some simple truths that I must hang on to- God loves me beyond anything I can understand. I have a roof over my head and food on my table. I have a wonderful husband that loves me and two of the greatest kids on the planet!! I have a wonderful family and great friends. God has never failed me and he won't start now. Maybe the provisions aren't how I expect them, but nonetheless they are provisions.

I have listened to this song over and over, and will continue to praise God for who he is.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am a few days late with encouragement but I wanted to share what the Lord is teaching me. The Lord wants us to have a "through" kind of faith. Sometime he lets us go around situations, but a lot of the times we have to go through something knowing that the Lord's promise is on the other side. His promise is a greater understanding and contentment in his plan for our lives. That is the treasure. Love and hugs.