Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's on...

So, I have decided that rather than wait for the new year, I am gonna start my resolution early. Seeing as I never have much luck keeping my word on the New Year's ones, maybe starting off early will help?? :) I had what I feel was an embarassing moment that help me come upon this decision. The Saturday after Thanksgiving, my brother was in town and asked me if I wanted to go for a run with him. Well, why not? I did run a couple races 2 yrs ago, I have no doubt that I am up to this challenge! And, furthermore, I have been doing the 30 day Shred!! Just call me Flo Jo! Ok, so here's what went down: I get on the road, we start running, I am ok for a few hundred yards. Then my brother drops the bomb that the day before he ran 12 miles! Do you hear me- 12 MILES!!!! Umm, yeah, well I couldn't hang. I was out of breath and my shins were on FIRE! But he was gracious and slowed down to a snail's pace so that we could avoid calling an ambulance to come get me. Anyway, that was my motivation, I am determined to do some 5 and 10k's in the spring. And I did run 2 miles on Saturday with no problems!

The other things is that while I have been pretty religious about the 30 day Shred, I have not really changed my eating habits. It kinda doesn't work to do this insane workout and then down a Twinkie! I do have a history of this behavior, dating back to high school. My good friend Laura and I would walk the track in the evening and then hit Wendy's for dinner!! So, here I am, once again. I really do need to make some changes for myself and to set a better example for my girls.

So, in the words of my big brother, I am gonna go now and get my run on.

1 comment:

msbentley said...

Super cool- You Rock. I feel that since I now have aprox 4 weeks off I should be getting my "run on" as well! Miss you!