Tuesday, December 9, 2008

For Unto Us...

I love love love Christmas! I love the lights, the songs, the decorations, the trees, everything about Christmas. I love the excitement that my children have and how fun it is to teach them Christmas carols. I love that Mackenzie's favorite carol is O Come, O Come Emmanuel (mine too). I even love that I went to the mall on a very busy Saturday to take the girls to Build-A-Bear and stood in line for an hour so that they could have an early present. Then to see Santa only to have to sit in the picture with the girls because they were scared of him!

What I love most is that I have been given an unbelievable gift- my Saviour. I am so aware of what I have been given, maybe more so after becoming a mother. How God could send his one and only son to live and die for me, the chief of sinners? What an am amazing present we all have been give. I can not imagine giving up my children for a people that despise me, that slander me, that hate me, that reject me. But what grace and mercy we all have been given when God became flesh and ultimately died for me and you.

"For unto us a child is born, Unto us a son is given;
And the government shall be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor,
Mighty God, Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

No comments: